Don't get lost in space

Let us help you understand insurance a little bit better!

Renters insurance provides many benefits!

We are here for you when you need us most!

There is nothing more stressful than having to replace an item that is lost, stolen, or damaged. Whether it’s a laptop, cell phone, or even your bed; replacing these items is pricy. This is where renters insurance can come in handy. For a low monthly subscription charge, you can rest assured knowing that your items, no matter where they are, may be covered by your policy. It’s important that you read your policy carefully to understand what your coverages are and what sort of situations your property will be covered. Not all situations provide you with protection, but most commonly you can expect coverage for your items from unexpected damage or theft. Below are common coverages: 

  • Theft of your property
  • Damage from  fire
  • Damage from smoke
  • Damage to your property from wind and hail
  • Vandalism
  • Lightning
  • Snow and Ice Collapse

Insurance doesn't have to be complicated. Pick your coverage, purchase your policy, and your stuff is protected from most cases of theft, loss, or damage.

The amount of coverage you need will depend on how much your belongings are worth. Insurance companies only pay out the amount of coverage that you choose when you sign up for the policy. Glazd highly recommends you do your due diligence and create a home inventory of your items and how much they are worth. This will help you know how much personal property coverage you will need, but it will also help you if you need to file a claim. When you document your belongings when you purchase your policy, it streamlines any future claim that you may have. 

Your landlord has coverage for the building you live in, but their insurance will not cover you or your personal property. For instance, if a tenant above you leaves their bath running and it floods your unit damaging your tv, couch, and bed; your landlord’s  insurance would not cover your stuff. If you have active coverage, you may covered in this instance. You may also have coverage if you had to stay in a hotel for a few days while repairs are done on your unit. 

This type of coverage helps cover medical expenses if one of your guests is accidentally injured in your unit. Your policy may help for things like: 

  • Ambulance rides
  • Dental work
  • Hospital stays
  • X-rays

This type of coverage helps pay for legal expenses, medical bills and other damages if someone gets injured at your unit and sues you. 

Glazd charges for three months upfront and then the monthly fee for the next 9 month. 

For Example: if you select a policy for $13/month, Glazd charges $39 for the first payment. You then pay $13/month for months 2-10. You are not charged at months 11 and 12. 

  1. Take pictures of the things you own.
    1. Go into each room of your apartment including the kitchen and bathroom and take photos of your personal belongings. You should also take close up photos of the serial numbers(this will help if you need to make a claim). You may also want to shoot a video walk through of your apartment to help identify your belongings in your apartment. 
  2. Write down the value of your belongings.
    1. If you know the price of an item, document it.
    2.  If you don’t know the price of an item, you can look up how much it would cost to replace the item. 
  3. Receipts and proof of purchase
    1. Gather receipts or proof of purchase for the more expensive items in your unit(we understand you may not have this for all of your items).
  4. Save your inventory and store in safe place in case you do have to file a claim. 
  5.  There are home inventory apps that you can also use!

If you have a specific question, send it below!